Welcome to the Errant Skeptics Institute website!
Over the last two decades believers on the Internet have been subjected to many and various specious arguments by hyper-skeptics challenging the central tenets of the Christian Faith, and even going so far as to deny the very existence of Jesus. Their arguments, for the most part, are little more than smoke and mirrors, which theologians label " pettifogging."
Many well-meaning Christians, out of their love for the Lord, have gently responded to these individuals attempting to display the reason for the hope that is within them. Rarely have these believers realized they are walking into a diabolically conceived trap. While on the surface the hyper-skeptics appear to be interested in engaging in reasonable debate, such is not their actual intention. Rather, their intention is to subtly lure a believer into a logical trap from which most Christians have difficulty extracting themselves. While the walls of this trap are logically and theologically errant, they are expressed in such a way as to appear sound. The unstated intention of this activity is to convert Christians into atheists, hence atheistic evangelism.
The purpose of this website is to expose these hyper-skeptics, their errant methodologies, erroneous arguments, and amateur sources.
However, It is extremely important for the believer to be prepared as we are instructed in 1 Peter 3:13-17, keeping in remembrance the following points:
1. If you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed.
2. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy (pray)..
3. Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you. This calls for serious study on your part.
4. Always defend your beliefs with gentleness and respect. Without doubt this will be the most trying part. It's easy in the heat of battle to lose control, and say things which dishonor Christ. It is not your job to win the battle, rather that should be the work of the Holy Spirit. There will be times you need to immediately stop and pray for the Lord's guidance..
5. Defending the Gospel is a form of war, albeit spiritual warfare is far different than we might imagine. Our goal is to win souls, NOT to destroy them.
6. Read Ephesians 6:11-20 prior to every battle.
Attention Christian soldiers:
We are aware that there are many more Christians who have tangled with these and other errant hyper-skeptics. We covet your input, comments, experiences, evidences or articles which might be of help in the further building and maintenance of this website. To our brothers and sisters in Christ, do not become weary in well-doing, but like all good soldiers, put on the whole armor of God. We salute you!
ESRI in the past never solicited or accepted donations. It was my view that the joy of preaching the Gospel was my reward. However, times have changed, and our expenses have increased. I can no longer afford to operate this site without your help. Any donation, no matter how small would be appreciated.. Thank you.
May the Lord's' grace protect and lift you up,
Gary Butner, Th.D.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.